Patented Inkjet Bioprinting Technology
In this section
Unique Inkjet Technology
As all of Arrayjet's inkjet bio-printers utilise the same core technology, scaling your process is simple. This patented technology is proven to be the fastest and most reliable on the market, delivering speed and precision with the versatility to print any sample type onto a wide variety of substrates.
Compared with traditional microarray spotters, Arrayjet systems are faster and more accurate. Arrayjet microarrayers combine inkjet printheads with the patented JetSpyder™ sample loading device which aspirates multiple samples simultaneously and reduces sample waste. Top quality microarray slides are printed "on-the-fly", at a speed of 640 features per second.
Arrayjet technology delivers numerous customer benefits, including:
- Time saving: high speed on-the-fly printing, or large-feature stationary mode printing
- Reproducibility: CV values of <5% ensure high quality microarrays with improved positional accuracy and excellent spot morphology
- Flexibility: any sample type printed onto any substrate with user-customisable array layouts
- Versatility: a scalable range of microarrayers, suitable for low volume R&D, large scale production and everything in-between
- Sample conservation: the unique sample loading device, reduces dead volume and minimises sample waste
Arrayjet printhead; fast, robust and flexible printing
Arrayjet microarrayers are fitted with Xaar XJ126 piezoelectric printheads. This is an industrially proven, multi-nozzle, shared-wall printhead with 126 linearly-arranged nozzles that enable Arrayjet microarrayers to handle up to 32 samples simultaneously.
The innovative printhead dispenses samples onto your chosen substrate, printing at a rate of approximately 475 features per second: this translates into the capacity for printing an entire 384-well plate onto 100 slides in under 25 minutes.
- Flexibility: on-the-fly printing enables printing of high quality microarrays on a wide range of substances, not only glass slides
- Sample preservation: the piezoelectric printhead protects samples so they are neither heated nor charged during printing
- Surface protection: non-contact printing prevents surface damage
- Flexible printing and exact spot size control: variable deposition volumes suitable for all applications, from 100pL to 10nL
- Accuracy and speed: the printhead travels across the substrate at 20 cm.s-1. Multiple passes can be made before refills are required, thereby significantly reducing the lengthy print times associated with pin-spotting
JetSpyder™: more flexibility, less waste
The JetSpyder™ is Arrayjet's patented sample loading device used in all Arrayjet microarrayers. Designed and manufactured at Arrayjet it enables the printhead to dispense multiple samples simultaneously, with minimal sample waste.
- Print different samples, simultaneously: the unique JetSpyder™ design can aspirate 32 or 12 samples at one time, enabling up to 32 samples to be printed in a single pass of the printhead
- Efficient and economical: the JetSpyder™ transfers minimal sample volumes to the printhead, ensuring the usable volume of precious samples is maximised
- Sample protection: manufactured from non-hazardous materials and automatically cleaned before a print run, the JetSpyder™ minimises the risk of sample contamination