Patented inkjet technology
In this section
Unique Inkjet Technology
Scaling your process with Arrayjet is made simple because all our inkjet bio-printing instruments utilise the same core technology. Our instruments offer a proven platform which is the fastest and most reliable on the market. This unique technology delivers speed and precision with the versatility to print any sample type onto a wide variety of substrates.
Compared with a traditional microarray spotters, Arrayjet systems are faster and more accurate. Arrayjet's microarrayers combine inkjet printheads with the patented JetSpyder™ sample loading device, to aspirate multiple samples simultaneously and reduce sample wastage. High quality microarray slides are printed on-the-fly, at very high speeds.
The Arrayjet technology delivers many customer benefits, including;
- time savings, with high speed on-the-fly printing, or large-feature stationary mode printing
production of high quality microarray slides time after time, with improved accuracy and reproducibility and excellent spot morphology
- flexibility to print any sample type onto any substrate with the specific layout you need
- a versatile and scalable range of microarrayers, suitable for low volume R&D, large scale production and everything in between
- a unique sample loading device, reducing dead volume and sample wastage
Arrayjet printhead; fast, robust and flexible printing
Arrayjet microarrayers are fitted with Xaar XJ126 piezoelectric printheads. This is an industrially proven, multi-nozzle, shared wall printhead which has 126 linearly arranged nozzles. This large number of nozzles enables Arrayjet microarrayers to handle up to 32 samples simultaneously. This innovative printhead dispenses samples onto your chosen substrate, printing at a rate of approximately 475 features per second, translating into the ability to print an entire 384-well plate onto 100 slides in under 25 minutes.
- The flexibility to print any sample type onto any substrate; this flexible printhead produces high quality microarrays onto a wide range of substances, not just glass slides.
- No damage to samples or substrates; the piezoelectric printhead protects your samples (the samples are not heated or charged during a print run), and with non-contact printing there is no risk of surface damage.
- Flexible printing and exact spot size control; with variable spot volume suitable for all applications, from 100pL to 10nL.
- Fast and accurate; the printhead prints on-the-fly travelling across the substrate at 20 cm.s-1. In addition the printhead can print multiple passes before refilling, significantly reducing the time taken to produce arrays.
JetSpyder™; more flexibility, less waste
The JetSpyder is the Arrayjet patented sample loading device used in all Arrayjet microarrayers. Designed and manufactured at Arrayjet it enables the printhead to print multiple samples simultaneously, with minimal sample wastage.
- Print different samples, simultaneously; the unique JetSpyder design can handle 32 or 12 samples simultaneously, so up to 32 samples can be printed in any single pass of the printhead.
- Highly efficient and economical; the JetSpyder transfers samples to the printhead very effectively, ensuring the usable volume of each sample is high, reducing dead volume and sample wastage.
- Protects your samples; manufactured from non-hazardous materials and automatically cleaned before a print run, the JetSpyder minimizes the risk of sample contamination, enabling very high quality printing.