SCHOTT NEXTERION® 2-part-plate 96 -well microplate format - AJC048
Product Code: AJC048
The microtiter plate format is a standard research tool for clinical diagnostics and drug discovery. The advantages associated with this format are obvious and include, high sample throughput, cost savings and compatibility with automated handling systems. In recent years, there have been efforts to make the microplate format available for microarraying with the emergence of highresolution plate scanners and compatible arrayers. However, there are clearly a number of limitations with the conventional 96-well polymeric and glass bottom microtiter plates currently being utilized in microarraying, including:
- Microarray print heads cannot access the entire well area because the wells are recessed. This limits the number of features per well and arrayer compatibility.
- The depth of the wells, and the subsequent additional z-axis travel, makes printing time consuming.
- The intra-well print area may be restricted due to the contamination of the well edges with bonding adhesive. In addition, adhesive out gassing can affect functional coating performance.
- The round wells have a smaller printable area than the square MPX-96 wells.
- Difficulty associated with applying functional coatings to plastic plates.
Conventional plastic microplates suffer from poor optical transparency and flatness.
• SBS compilant microplate format • Glass plate easily detaches from the plate holder for spotting and scanning flexibility • Maximum printable area of 6 mm x 6 mm allows over 1600 features per well • High optical transmission and l
You might also like...
PolyAn Microarray 2D Epoxy Slides - AJC019€300.15 $351.90 £207.00
SCHOTT NEXTERION® - Epoxysilane coating 25 slides/pack - AJC025€295.80 $346.80 £204.00
SCHOTT NEXTERION® - Aminosilane coating 25 slides/pack - AJC023€295.80 $346.80 £204.00
SCHOTT NEXTERION® - Aldehyde-silane coating 25 slides/pack - AJC021€343.65 $402.90 £237.00